Monday, August 14, 2006

Cover me in ukeleles


These two covers are excellent, and despite their origins they go beyond the quirky to really add something to the songs. I think I prefer both of these to the originals - although acknowledge that might be a slightly controversial (and temporary) assessment!

* Cheshire Women's Choir - I Predict A Riot (Kaiser Chiefs cover)

* Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - Smells Like Teen Spirit (live Nirvana cover)

I love the ukelele, having seen a small band perform at D&S's wedding recently, and will probably get one soon as it's a prefectly sized string instrument to take on holiday and help me get over my long-time-no-see-gee-tar-blues. Any recommendations gratefully received.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you consider posting the choir / kaiser cover again? we missed it first time around & would die to hear it...

many thanks

Jon said...

Done - for a limited time only! Enjoy!! It's a beaut...