Friday, December 22, 2006

The Dumb waiter cafe

Took my daughter out for a late breakfast/brunch at probably the best cafe in Brighton. It's name comes from the lift contraption they still use to send the plates of food up from the kitchen (remember the Pinter play?). The sausages are packed full of real meat (they do excellent veggie ones too) and those fried potatoes add something special to the plate. I had a cappucino but their milky chai tea is also fab.

The cafe's in Sydney Street in the delightful North Laine area.

Vote for the best caff in Brighton (or anywhere else)
here. And then play...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it with the British custom of serving baked beans with *everything*? Don't get me wrong, I like me some baked beans, but they can be too much of a good thing. I seem to recall that even Burger Kings in the UK offer them (cheekily advertised by "Fancy a little on the side?").

Jon said...

You mean you were deprived the Baked Bean Queen? America is a harsh cruel place. And, let's face it - baked beans are good food for kids!

thundereggrules said...

If I close my eyes and wish really hard, will that breakfast plate magically appear before me? [closing eyes, wishing really hard] Nope. Dammit.

thundereggrules said...

Wahh...guess I snoozed and losed, but I can't download that B&S song anymore. It's one of my favorites; would've liked to hear that version. I'll trade you "Dirty Water" for it.

Jon said...

Check your mail...

I am getting scrupulous about clearing out older mp3s as I'm planning to blog daily until I go back to work on Jan 4th. After that, life should return to its normal hectic pace!