Monday, January 19, 2009

Don't ignore me


A new mix CD. Free for the first 100 downloads and then it's gone. God bless you all.

This mix wasn't supposed to happen like this. I was making a list of songs from randomised playing on my MP3 player, but then the hard drive on my office computer broke, and while it's fixable I can't be bothered right now, so moved over to my laptop and had to start again from the tracks on there, and I wasn't really sure what I was putting together here but when it was finished it felt totally right and has its own stories. You can work them out for yourself.


This is a sociable mix, for playing in clubs I think, but the kind of clubs where people sit and talk rather than dance. A slow wintery start, with lots of old soul, and some fresh young Brighton sounds amongst other things. Aidan Moffat cuts it in half like a knife.

Take it in two bites, each being 60 megabyte downloads.


1. Allo' Darlin' - Baby it's cold outside
2. Mary Hampton - The Bell they gave you
3. Ernie K Doe - Here come the girls
4. Wanna Moe Leaner - Un Dia
5. Santogold - I'm a lady (Diplo Mix)
6. Backyard Tire Fire - The Places we Lived
7. Climbers - Bookshop folk mp3
8. Martha Tilston and the Woods - A Surfer courted me
9. Elmore James - One Way Out
10. Aidan John Moffat - Good morning


11. Kristin McClement - Bells Once Rang
12. Bruce Springsteen - Blinded by the light
13. Danny & the Champions of the World - Red Tree Song
14. The Brothers and Sisters - All Along the Watchtower
15. Crystal Mansion - Somebody ought to turn your head around mp3
16. Sweet Jane - You're making this hard
17. Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes
18. Ronnie Spector - You can't put your arms around a memory
19. Robert Knight - Everlasting Love

2 comments:

Cian said...

Hi, so did this reach 100 downloads? The savefile site is down for maintenance.
It looks great. Would you be interested in a mix trade?

Jon said...

Sure thing. I can find another site to upload to I'm sure. Mail me.