This mix is a transitional one I think. I don't really know what I was doing, and I don't think this really works as a mixtape, or makes for a particularly enjoyable listening experience for sharing. It's more like a does of personal therapy, or an exorcism. It's all a bit stop-start. Still buried in cold winter.
I find it incredibly sad actually. I just don't know what I'm looking for here.
Still, as John Hiatt says, have a little faith in me.
- John Hiatt - Have a little faith in me
- Mobius Band - I'll keep it with mine (Bob Dylan)
- Haley Bonar - Save a horse ride a cowboy
- Mellow Candle - Buy or beware mp3
- Larry Williams and Johnny Watson - A quitter never wins
- Frank Blood - Boss Eye
- John Phillips - Malibu People mp3
- That's The Spirit - Head for the hills
- Pavement - Spit on a stranger
- Dexy's Midnight Runners - Keep it
- J Tillman - When I light your darkened door
- Kevin Coyne - Do not shout at me father mp3
- Jens Lekman - Your arms around me
- Field Music - Pieces (change my dress) mp3
- Portishead - Deep water
- The Burning Hell - I love the things that people make
- Karen Dalton - In my own dream
- Boz Scaggs - I'm Easy
- Diamond Family Archive - Here I go again (live, cover)
- Sleepy John Estes - Milk cow blues
- Belle and Sebastian - Scooby Driver
The mix kind of dies a bit at the end of side 1, and enters a new world at the end of side 2. Thank goodness for Kevin Coyne, kickstarting the proceedings again.
I really wanted to edit the crap off the end of the DFA track, but I've kept it because I was at this gig and it was wonderful and I'm really pleased the whole concert is available now because the over-riding memory I have wasn't the songs but Lawrence's chat and joyful smile throughout the set of covers (by the likes of Dire Straits and others - this one is a Whitesnake song).
Download the whole thing as mp3s, in two parts again:
- A side (55mb) here http://www.savefile.com/files/2001173
- B side (48mb) here http://www.savefile.com/files/2001218
Once again, after 100 downloads it's gone.
Enjoy. Or cry. Just open your heart.